THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
What to do when you’ve got a jar of yummy fig spread, and a jar of delicious caramelized onions hanging out in the fridge? Make an oozy-gooey, oh so luscious grilled cheese sandwich, of course!
This decadent sandwich is easy to make, and a perfect balance between savory and sweet. Adding in chopped walnuts takes it over the top with a fun, nutty crunch. Pair it all with a glass of crisp, white wine, and maybe a fresh, green salad for good measure, and you’ve got yourself a delicious lunch!
Here’s what you need for 1 sandwich:
- 2 slices of good bread
- A couple smears of butter
- A spoonful or so of fig spread
- Thin slices of camembert
- A dollop or two of prepared caramelized onions
- A handful of chopped walnuts
What to do:
- Slather both pieces of bread on one side with butter.
- Smear the non-buttered side of one piece of bread with fig spread.
- Distribute one layer of cheese over the fig spread, followed by the caramelized onions and walnuts. Top everything with the second piece of bread, butter side up.
- Grill the whole thing on a hot skillet or griddle, flipping once, until toasty brown, and the cheese is oozy. Once it’s done, remove from the heat and let it rest a couple of minutes before slicing in half.
Enjoy with gusto!
PS – both the fig spread and the caramelized onions I used in this recipe came from my friends over at Try The World – my favorite subscription box service!
This post features affiliate products from Try The World – one of my favorite subscription food box services and online food shops.
Try The World features tasty foods from around the world, helping you explore our delicious planet one bite at a time.
If you would like to try the world, too, use my handy-dandy code – TasteOfThePlace15 – to get $15 off your first signature Try The World box!